28 Nov Benefits of Exercise Part 1
Top 10 Benefits of Regular Exercise Part 1
The benefits of regular exercises are priceless. An exercise involves the movement of your muscles resulting in your body burning calories. There are many types of physical activity, including swimming, running, jogging, walking and dancing, to mention a few. Regular exercises may help you live longer as it has both physical and mental health benefits. Recent studies show the benefits of regular exercises on our holistic health. Read MORE. Here are the top 5 benefits of regular exercises. The other top 5 benefits of regular exercises will be provided soon enough. The top maximum health benefits of regular exercises are:
- It Can Make You Feel Happier – Exercise helps to improve your mood and decrease feelings of depression, anxiety and stress. Regular exercises give you a feel good syndrome. Stress and anxiety are rectified by changes in the brain due to regular exercises. It can also increase brain sensitivity for the hormones serotonin and norepinephrine, which relieve feelings of depression. Additionally, exercise can increase the production of endorphins, which are known to help produce positive feelings and reduce the perception of pain. It can also help them be more aware of their mental state and practice distraction from their fears.Interestingly, it doesn’t matter how intense your workout is. It seems that your mood can benefit from exercise no matter the intensity of the physical activity.The effects of exercise on mood are so powerful that choosing to exercise (or not) even makes a difference over short periods.
One study asked 26 healthy men and women who normally exercised regularly to either continue exercising or stop exercising for two weeks. Those who stopped exercising experienced increases in a negative mood.
- It Can Help With Weight Loss –Poor diet and inactivity is a major factor in weight gain and obesity. To understand the effect of exercise on weight reduction, it is important to understand the relationship between exercise and energy expenditure. Your body spends energy in three ways: digesting food, exercising and maintaining body functions. A nutritious and predominately whole foods lifestyle can balance our hormones. Combining aerobic exercise with resistance training can maximize fat loss and muscle mass maintenance, which is essential for keeping the weight off. Exercise and a balanced diet are both crucial ingredients in supporting a fast metabolism and burning more calories per day. It also helps you maintain your muscle mass and weight loss.
- It Is Good for Your Muscles and Bones – Exercise plays a vital role in building and maintaining strong muscles and bones. Physical activity like weight lifting can stimulate muscle building when paired with adequate protein intake. This is because exercise helps release hormones that promote the ability of your muscles to absorb amino acids. This helps them grow and reduces their breakdown. As people age, they tend to lose muscle mass and function, which can lead to injuries and disability. Practising regular physical activity is essential to reducing muscle loss and maintaining strength as you age. Also, exercise helps build bone density when you’re younger, in addition to helping prevent osteoporosis later in life.Interestingly, high-impact exercise, such as gymnastics or running, or odd-impact sports, such as soccer and basketball, has been shown to promote a higher bone density than non-impact sports like swimming and cycling.
Fig 1: A chart displaying the benefits of regular exercises in different health categories.
- It Can Increase Your Energy Levels –Exercise can be a real energy booster for healthy people, as well as those suffering from various medical conditions. Recent studies showed that six weeks of regular exercise reduced feelings of fatigue for healthy people suffering from persistent fatigue. Furthermore, exercise can significantly increase energy levels for people suffering from chronic fatigue syndrome and other serious illnesses. Engaging in regular physical activity can increase your energy levels. This is true even in people with persistent fatigue and those suffering from serious illnesses.
- It Can Reduce Your Risk of Chronic Disease – Lack of regular physical activity is a primary cause of chronic disease. Regular exercise has been shown to improve insulin sensitivity, cardiovascular fitness and body composition, yet decrease blood pressure and blood fat levels. In contrast, a lack of regular exercise even in the short term can lead to significant increases in belly fat. Hence an increase in the risk of type 2 diabetes, heart disease and early death. The Chief life Meal Plans are a great way to combine all 3 macronutrient groups in the correct portion size for your needs. We take into account your goals, food likes and dislike and medical history. Combining both exercise and your correct nutrition is the key to a healthy and happy future.Nicole