Personalised Meal Plans
Stop thinking about it,
go be about it!

Blog

All posts by Amanda de Souza

CONSISTENCY OVER INTENSITY

New Years Resolutions have started rolling out in full swing. Some of them have fizzled out in the first week and some may hang on for just that little bit more. More often than not, by February they have all but died ready to start fresh in 2019 but that’s another 11 months away. Most people plan their new... 

3 TIPS ON HOW TO GET YOUR CHILDREN EATING VEGETABLES FROM ONE PARENT TO ANOTHER

  Fruits and vegetables include a diverse group of plant foods that vary greatly in content of energy and nutrients. Additionally, fruits and vegetables supply dietary fiber, and fiber intake is linked to lower incidence of cardiovascular disease and obesity. Fruits and vegetables also supply vitamins and minerals to the diet and are sources of phytochemicals that function as... 

Allergies Vs. Intolerances

It’s really exciting to see that people are becoming more and more aware of their food choices. People are looking at ingredients lists, opting for organic and free range produce and now they are really starting to tune in on how certain foods make them feel. I thought it might be a great time to look at food allergies... 

Why You should check your Vitamin D Levels

Vitamins and Minerals are indispensable in promoting health and preventing illness. They are essential to the growth and development of every human being and are the triggers for many chemical reactions, processes and functions within the body. One particular Vitamin, Vitamin D has been recognized as a significant factor in determining health outcomes by contributing to increasing calcium absorption... 

Cocao Powder – The Super Food

Super food powders are on the rise. Many of us are trying to improve our health with the aid of powders like super greens, Maca and Cocao. We can add them to smoothies, protein ball blends, our breakfasts or baking. Here is a little bit of insight to Cocao.   Where did it come from? Cocao, which is also... 

Hereditary Folate Malabsorption

We’ve all heard of folate and we know that it’s important especially during pregnancy but did you know that Folate Malabsorption can also be hereditary?   Hereditary Folate Malabsorption (HFM) is a genetic disorder relating to a persons impaired ability to absorb ingested folate within the intestine, along with the inability of transporting serum folates across the blood-brain barrier... 

An Insight to Vegetarianism

Perhaps Vegetarianism has been on the rise or maybe we are just more aware of the benefits of consuming more natural, wholesome plant based foods?? Regardless, there are still many of us stumped by vegetarianism and what it means. People choose vegetarianism for a number of reasons. Reasons may include cultural, ethical, perceived health benefits, taste preferences, environmental or... 

Calcium – A Simple Overview

Calcium is the most common mineral in the human body. It is needed for numerous functions, including building and maintaining bones, teeth and blood clotting, muscle contractions, hormone secretion, transmitting nerve impulses and a co-factor for enzymes. 99% of calcium is actually found in the bones and teeth alone, and the remaining 1% is in the blood and other... 

Time to Re-Evaluate

“You are the average of the five people you spend the most time with.” – Jim Rohn Take a look at the five people that you hang out with most… What is their health like – Are they unhealthy or are they fit and knocking off new physical achievements constantly? What about their careers – Are they dwindling in... 

TCL Top Picks for Good Gut Health

All disease starts in the gut – Hippocrates That’s right. About 70% or more of the body’s immune system resides in our digestive system alone. That means that if your gut is unhealthy it could result in a lot more than poo pains! The gut sends signals to parts of the brain that are responsible for self-awareness, emotion, morality,... 
Loading...